At the beginning of 2015, on the initiative of the National Research Council - Department of Earth System Science and Technology for the Environment (CNR DTA), the Center for Seismic Microzonation and its applications (CentroMS) was founded.
The agreement for the institution of CentroMS involves CNR Institutes, as well as other research institutions and university departments:
- Department of Earth System Science and Technology for the Environment (DTA)
- Institute for Coastal Marine Environment (IAMC), Naples;
- Institute for the Dynamics of Environmental Processes (IDPA), Milan;
- Institute of Environmental Geology and Geoengineering (IGAG), Rome;
- Institute of Methodologies for Environmental Analysis (IMAA), Potenza;
- Italian National Agency for New Tecnologies, Energy and Sustainable Economic Development (ENEA);
- National Institute of Geophysics and Volcanology (INGV);
- Institute for Environmental Protection and Research (ISPRA);
- National Institute of Oceanography and Experimental Geophysics (OGS);
- Department of Biological, Geological and Environmental Sciences (DSBGA), University of Catania.
- Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering (DICA), Polytechnic University of Milan;
- Department of Earth Sciences (DST), SAPIENZA University of Rome;
- Department of Physical Sciences, Earth and Environment (DSFTA), University of Siena